Tuesday, June 9, 2009

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I´m super sad because I left my card reader with my memory card in that stupid grocery store/internet cafe. So, not only did I lose all of the pictures that I´ve already taken, I also lost the BEST video of Simon dancing in da club...seriously the most hilarious thing I´ve ever seen in my life and meow it´s no more :( Needless to say estoy muy muy muy triste about the whole situation...

So, this weekend we went on another neato excursion. First we went to Las Cuevas de Altamira which have some of the oldest cave paintings in Europe. They´re actually considered art. I thought the whole thing was pretty interesting, they are 18,500 years old. Unfortunately, we only got to tour a replica of the cave and paintings because they stopped giving tours of the real cave a few years ago. They had these holographic cave people in there...super cheesy, but at least our tour guide was interesting.

Next we went to Santillana del Mar, this gorgeous mideviel village where we went to a torture museum. Reading about all of the torture devices they had on display really grossed me out. I can´t believe people actually went to watch people get tortured for entertainment, let alone the people who came up with those devices. I mean, I have a pretty twisted mind, but that´s shit´s nasty (sorry Mommy, the vulgarity of the torture merits vulgar language). The town itself was beautiful though I took SO many pictures, and they were all real pretty too, but of course now I don´t have them anymore :(.

Then we took another little 20 minute drive to Comillas, a beautiful little coastal town. We saw some awesome gothic architecture in one palace and then right next door was a crazy Gaudi building. I REALLY wish I had my pictures because I think I was the only one who took close ups of random things like the tiles and carving...alas, I´ll look through Courtney and Ashley´s photos and post some ASAP. For meow, I´m outie like Gaudi (God I´m funny). Gotta rest up for trivia night tonight at Asturianu :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment