Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Llanes

We had a long weekend last week and didn´t have class on Friday, so Courtney, Ashley, Ashley K., Raquell, and I decided to have a girls´ weekend in Llanes. Judging from my usual track record with girls I´d say the weekend was a success...I don´t normally get along with many, but it was fun!

The beaches were absolutely breath taking. Well, okay there was really only one beach, everything else along the water was all rugged landscape, but the water was clear and beautiful. We swam on Friday, but it was pretty chilly on my birthday (Saturday) and there wasn´t really any sun...I still managed to burn my back a smidgen though.

The nightlife in Llanes was a bit iffy though. We seemed to be some of the only girls everywhere we went...and the guys were TOTAL creeps. We had two nights where they tried to force their way into our hotel...luckily our new friend Froggy (her voice was JACKED) at the front desk did a lot of bouncer work for us.

Speaking of the hotel...that was quite a worry the first night...We had only made a reservation for four people and there were five of us. The people working definitely caught on and we had a rough night where we thought they were going to kick us all out, but we worked it out in the morning and all was well.

So, on my birthday I had the third hamburger I´ve ever had in my entire life and I´m fairly certain I got food poisoning...but that wasn´t until like 3 in the morning, so I suppose it wasn´t technically my birthday anymore. Anyway, I don´t feel any older, or any wiser, or any better at Spanish, or different in anyway...guess leaving the teen years behind isn´t as an abrupt of a change as one might think...

Pee.Ess. This picture is of this way cool grafiti pier thing...Me gusta muchisimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment